Monday, June 21, 2010

Rectangular select in Photoshop?

I can do it easily in Gimp, and I can do it easily in Paintshop Pro. I haven't discovered how to do it in Photoshop, and I can't decipher their danged help files. Would someone puhleeze tell me, in simple steps, how to select a rectangle's worth of a graphic in Photoshop? (Preferably, a rectangle whose sides or corner I may drag to adjust it, as one may do with the "crop" tool!) And p.s., I'm tired as heck of using the danged polygon draw!



Rectangular select in Photoshop?hijack this



Use the toolbar to select the rectangular marquis tool (if the ellipse or circular tool is showing, click on it and hold, and then select the rectangle tool), and make a selection on your image.



go to 'select' menu from top and choose 'transform selection



This will give you the resize function as it does when you use the crop tool.



Hope this helps!



Rectangular select in Photoshop?liveupdate



If you have the floating toolbar with the paint brush, paint bucket/gradient, etc, I believe its the topleft icon, right click it for more options, rectangle should be one of them. If not, just right click on all the icons until you find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment